Friday, September 18, 2015

P3+ D3 = C3 (May 3, 2015)

Written by Toh Jern Ling
Edited by Eliza Tan, Nathanael Chong, and Charis Chen

May 3, 2015

P3 + D3 = C3

Today was the 23rd 'Words A.L.I.V.E. ICC meeting'! Yay!

Before the ice breaker, Coach Joseph asked us: "Why are you here today?"
After a few playful answers, my dad, Coach Daniel, said, "To learn about speaking and standing up for Christ." And everyone went: "Ooooooo" :)

Photo by Eliza Tan

Then, Coach Joseph asked Eunice (Tan :P), and she said, "Well... it's my house so....that's why I'm here" Everyone giggled.

After that, Coach Joseph asked me, so carrying on with what Eunice had said, I said, "Well... It's my friend's house...that's why I'm here" and everyone went bonkers. (ha ha! I have the power to make everyone laugh :P)

Photos by Eliza Tan


Photo by Eliza Tan

After cooling down from the hearty laughter, we had our icebreaker! Little did we know that more laughter was up for us! :)

The icebreaker was "Telephone" led by Eunice. We were supposed to pass a message to the person on our left by whispering. Eunice gave us this sentence to whisper around: "Pink bunnies jumping on rainbows"

Photo by Eliza Tan

ha ha.. it's so funny I can't tell you

Photo by Eliza Tan

Eunice: (whisper).. hee... hee...(whisper)... hee... hee...
Me: What in the world are you talking about?

Photo by Eliza Tan

Coach Alfred: (whisper... whisper)
Ian: What?
Coach Alfred: I said.. (whisper...whisper)
Ian: I don't get it but... never mind

Photo by Eliza Tan

Ranen: My ears hurt because you shouted in them
Ian: Whhoooppss... Sorry
Jern Yoong: uugghh... you guys are weird.

Photo by Eliza Tan

Ranen: (whisper... whisper)
Nathanael: Wait... what?

Photo by Eliza Tan

Nat: I just 'agak agak' tell lah

Finally, the round came to an end when it was Debbie's turn to tell the sentence to Jonique, who was at the end of the circle...

Photo by Eliza Tan

Eunice: aarrgghh.... quickly, Debbie!

Well... the sentence was not what I was expecting...it went from "Pink bunnies jumping on rainbows" to......

"JERN LING JUMPING ON A LAMPPOST!!!!!"

Photo by Eliza Tan

I could not believe it. How could I, Toh Jern Ling, have the guts to jump on a lamppost?!
As I have said earlier, I have the power to make everybody laugh (even me :p)
So, everyone went from: hee.. hee.. hee.. to haa... haa... haa... and ho... ho...

Photo by Eliza Tan

Photo by Eliza Tan

ha ha! Our daughter jumping on a lamppost!

Photo by Eliza Tan

well... this is your daughter..

Photo by Eliza Tan

Eunice: We can be sure that Jern Ling would never jump on a lamppost!

Through the icebreaker, we learn about asking questions for clarification and not to stay too silent like a mouse. Also, we learned about communicating clearly. If we don't... there might be trouble...

After that silly icebreaker, Nathanael led us into prayer time with such solemness and power. :)

After that, it was worship time led by speaker Eliza and the piano was played by speaker Eunice. The songs were 'Holy, Holy, Holy' and one of my favorites, 'Once Again.'

This was followed by devotion, led by Coach Daniel(my father), and speaker Jern Yoong who is my... one and only... (pause for effect..) brother!

Photo by Eliza Tan


There he is! :) (Actually, I'm trying to be like Wanda a.k.a. Scarlet Witch who loves her brother...)

Photo by Eliza Tan

 My brother and father shared about the P3 + D3 = C3 method of running the race in the Christian life.

Photos by Eliza Tan

After the meaningful devotion, it was time for Charis' limited prep!
Her topic was: 'Why is it important to listen?' and 'Talk about forgiveness'

Photo by Eliza Tan
Way to go, Charis! Keep it up! :)

Finally, Coach Joseph shared that as leaders, 
We must learn when to exercise grace and excellence when giving feedback. 

After that, it was time for our.... chapter presentation practice of "The Legend Of The Three Trees"!

Photo by Eliza Tan
Oh! Baby Jesus is born!

Photo by Eliza Tan
Eunice substituting for Joseph (in a low voice): I wish I could make a cradle for him!

Photo by Eliza Tan

Eunice: uuuggghhh!! How do men with moustaches survive with them? It's so itchy!
(Notice that I was actually throwing 'little baby Jesus' in the air? :p)

Photo by Eliza Tan

And... remember me? The second tree, up on the hill...?

Photo by Eliza Tan

Jesus stretched out his hand and said..... 

Photo by Eliza Tan

Debbie: Wow the storm really did stop!

One Friday morning......

Photo by Eliza Tan

Jern Yoong as soldier : hup! hup! hup!

Photo by Eliza Tan

Coach Michelle: Ian! Don't laugh! Jesus didn't laugh on the cross!

Photo by Eliza Tan

Ian: It is finished!(Sad music playing) :(

While the speakers where practicing diligently, the coaches were yickity-yaketying away about 2015 ICC retreat!

Photo by Eliza Tan


Coach Debra:What do you think about this, lou gong?
Coach Joseph: Eeeehhhhhhh.....


Photo by Eliza Tan

So long! Until we meet again!!! :)


----------Additional shots of the day!----------

Photo by Eliza Tan

Photos by Eliza Tan

Photo by Eliza Tan

And here's Joelle hiding in a giant beanbag!

 
Photos by Eliza Tan

Photo by Eliza Tan

Until our next meeting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment